OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS IN RESIDENCY
MoTA- Museum of Transitory Art, Ljubljana, is now accepting project proposals for its artist in residency program.
- SELF- DIRECTED ARTIST IN RESIDENCY - application deadline July 1, 2012
- MoTA offers a living and working studio in the center of Ljubljana for artists who wish to participate in the self- directed residency program.
- A shared interest in the topics relating to transitory art is desired, but not required. Self- directed residencies are not necessarily related to production of new work, but we do require a public presentation (artist talk) from the resident artist.
- MoTA residency studio has two rooms- a bedroom with two beds and a living room, a bathroom and a mini kitchen. The interior is basic and modest, but the studio location is in the heart of the old town, under the Ljubljana castle and next to the central market. MoTA does not provide meals for residents, but offers full support in getting around the city and other practicalities. MoTA is also happy to help with finding additional funding for projects. Artists who apply can live and work in the studio for a maximum of two months.
- Technical Information
- There are computers with internet connection in the apartment. We will help with finding any additional technical requirements.
The author will take responsibility upon the following:
-to create a new artistic/curatorial/research work during the residence
-public presentation of artistic work elaborated during the residence
-public artisttalk (presentation of artist)
-residency time 1 to max. 2 months
-payment of rent of the residential apartment which is 500 eur/month
MoTA will take responsibility upon the following:
-provision of production material
-provide accomodation for whole of working period at the MoTA Studio
-payment of monthly expenses of the Studio
- Artists must also arrange their travels, daily expenses and funding for their project, but we are happy to help with grants seeking at all times.
- Application requirements
- Please send your project proposal and information about your work to email@example.com (subject: Application for self- directed residency) or to our address: MoTA, Rožna dolina cesta II/36, 1000 Ljubljana. We accept applications until July 1, 2012 for the second part of this year. Selected projects will be notified by email. Artists of all nationalities and at all professional levels are encouraged to apply.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION ON BOTH PROGRAMS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US AT mota.museum(at)gmail.com OR CHECK OUR WEBSITE www.motamuseum.com.